SYLVIA KENT'S READING & WRITING FORUM

A history and lifestyle journal www.swwj.co.uk

Monday, April 22, 2013

A VERY ENGLISH CUSTOM FOR ST GEORGE'S DAY TOMORROW


Unfortunately I was unable to see Billericay's Mayflower Men perform their unique Mummers Play on Saturday in our High Street. Heard that it was as fabulous as usual and, as a fan of the team, I usually manage to meet them and take new pictures.  The pic above was included in one of my books  published by THE HISTORY PRESS entitled FOLKLORE OF ESSEX, along with numerous other images of Essex to illustrate some of our more quaint customs.  This was my fourth book under ISBN 978-0-7524-3677-7 price £14.99 @ good bookshops but much cheaper at Amazon, or indeed, you may contact me via this blog if you would like a signed copy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home