SYLVIA KENT'S READING & WRITING FORUM

A history and lifestyle journal www.swwj.co.uk

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

MICHELLE WARD PRESENTER AT RADIO PHOENIX 98FM WELCOMES AMBERLEY AUTHORS

Jessica Michelle and Sylvia
Yep - me again.  Currently working on publicity for my new book BARKING & DAGENHAM FROM OLD PHOTOGRAPHS - whew! Two years of research and interviewing for this, my 10th book.  Michelle Ward invited me into studio with my friend and SWWJ colleague Karen Bowman (left) whose books Essex Girls and Essex Boys were the topic on this morning's programme. 

Always a warm welcome in the studio at Brentwood. Karen's books are a dream for folk interested in Essex (and national) history, full of fascinating characters, from kings and queens to nuns and novices and I learnt such a lot from reviewing (check back in the top left hand box of this weblog to July 2010 when I reviewed her Essex Girls). Karen's meticulous research is appreciated and I'm glad that she will be bringing out a new book Codpieces and Corsets next spring - must buy that one. Sounds fun! Jessica from the Mayflower School in Billericay is currently helping Michelle in the studio - a bright 15-year-old student. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home