SYLVIA KENT'S READING & WRITING FORUM

A history and lifestyle journal www.swwj.co.uk

Tuesday, January 02, 2018

NEW YEAR HONOURS LIST AND MY MEETING WITH RINGO STARR AND BARBARA BACH

Freelance writers are usually lucky folk who often receive invitations to attend some of London's popular events.  Have already met another former Beatle, Paul McCartney in Westminster many years ago, and it was a pleasure to meet his pal, Ringo Starr and his wife, Barbara Bach. Ringo, whose real name is Richard Starkey, is the second Beatle to be knighted 21 years after Paul McCartney. Lovely to have a little chat at one of the Chelsea Flower Show TV garden presentations and so nice of them to pose for me.  Also made a short video of them and other people in the tent that day. No idea why they wore sunglasses! I usually ask people to take them off when I am taking pics.  

I bet they are excited about this honour. I would be, and I would think the occasion would call for a nice new outfit!  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home